Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 19 registered users
The newest registered user is pyrohydrosmok

Our users have posted a total of 138 messages in 109 subjects
Poll

How to modify the META-INF files to fix error when Flashing similar to this is for jflteatt but your devcie is jfltecri.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to modify the META-INF files to fix error when Flashing similar to this is for jflteatt but your devcie is jfltecri.

Post by Spartan Warrior on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 pm

This is my example of how to modify the META-INF files to get past a error when Flashing a ROM similar to this ERROR: This is for jflteatt, but your device is jfltecri.
You can edit this file with NotePad++, or if on Linux easier.
So first we go to the ROMS folder, in my example the ROMS folder is on my desktop. I open the ROM, then go to the META-INF Folder, then go to the common folder, then go to the google folder, then go to the android folder, then go to the updater-script....now we can see the devices the ROM is made to BOOT.

This is what I see before I made any mods = assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflteatt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflteatt" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflte" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: jflteatt,jflte; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + ".")Wink;

OK now this is the part where I make the modification to the files for it to boot the jfltecri devices too....like this just copy and paste the part we need, like in the example it shows jflteatt, so I know already that I must also make one for the jfltecri, so all I do is copy and paste, and add the cri into it. = assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflteatt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflteatt" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflte" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "jfltecri" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jfltecri" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: jflteatt,jflte; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + ".")Wink;

Attention see where I just copy and paste the jflte part then I typed cri with it = so I copy this part = getprop("ro.product.device") == "jflte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jflte" ||

then I paste it into the file right after the II = Remember I mod the file with cri = getprop("ro.product.device") == "jfltecri" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jfltecri" ||.......pay special attention to make sure the file is exact, and in the exact location needed. If you have done this correctly you have taken a ROM made to boot jflteatt, and modified it to boot the jfltecri devices too. It is also possible to use this same trick on some other types of ROMS like example a jfltexx, we can mod it easy to boot jfltecri, and other devices, only if they are the same types of phones internally. So basically in my example I take a jflteatt ROM and make it boot on the Cricket s4 jfltecri. If you take your time, and do it correctly you can do the same for other devices in some cases, but the phones must be very similar.

Spartan Warrior
Members
Members

View user profile https://plus.google.com/u/0/114014528047378728520/posts

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top